"And now, Harry, let us step into the night and pursue that flighty tempress, adventure." -Dumbledore

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Belinda Shanks

Well, my dear readers, again it's been a little while since I wrote. When people stop posting I start to ge the pcture that I need to write another post. I am now sitting in my new favorite cafe. It's called Java. It just opened up about two blocks from our house and tey have te best Lattes ever! i was sorking on my final paper in my writing class, when I decided to take a break in order to write you all. The paper is a persuasive essay and I am writing about classical art vs. modern art. I didn't realize how hard this is going to be until it was a bit too late. It'll be interesting though.
Let's see now...as usual, much hasn't been happening here. However, I do have one big event to tell you all about. Arkansas Baptist's Fall play was last weekend. Hudson, Alex, Caleb, and Cara (I know some of you know who those people are, so I went ahead and put names down) were all in it. The play was Oscar Wilde's The Importance of Being Earnest, a very good play, one of my favorites in fact. They did an amazing job...might as well just go on to Broadway. Hudson was Algernon Moncrief, Alex was Cecily Cardew (they get together in the end), Caleb was Jack Worthing, (Gwendolyn was a girl named Tiffany) and Cara was Ms. Prism. They really were amazing. It was hilarious. It was incredibly well cast (Hudson made everyone lagh the entire time) and the acting was awesome. I will be getting the video from Alex's dad soon, so if I have time I will put it up on here for you all to see!
As usual, other than the play, my life has been somewhat of a bore. School is okay, but the same. I did have a counseling meeting with my student advisor and picked my classes for next semester. I'm excited for next semester. I think it'll be a good one. Work is getting old and all the drama at Mimi's is kinda getting to me, but I shall live through the day. Church and youth group have been great lately. We are having missions month at the Summit this month. Sunday was the first week and dad spoke on "Why Missions." Now that I get to thinking about it, probably, most of you reading this have actually heard that talk at least once from my dear father. I've heard it a number of times. Sunday night when we were babysitting kids (I don't think I ever told you that I'm babysitting on Sundays again like last year only this time I have two year-olds) Taylor and i and a few other people started making up random names and writing them on these little stick-on nametags we have there. We probably wrote around fifty names. Each week now we are all going to have a new name (and we are adding new ones to the stack!). For instance my name for this week is Balinda Shanks (Taylor's invention), Hudson's is Wilkie Triplet (my creation), Susannah is Geraldina Grundy (jointed effort of me and Taylor), and Kari is Lucinda Butts (again, a jointed effort)... It was a lot of fun. We gave everyone a name at Sunday Night Signs that night!
Well, i need to get to class. Hope you will post!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was little I used to tell people I was adopted and that my birth mother's name was Ursula Potts. My Mother was speaking at a ladies retreat when I was in college and was talking with a lady at lunch and she introduced herself as Ursula POtts and my mothers said, "I've waited my whole life to meet you!" So I recommend the name Ursula Potts be added to your list. It has come in handy in my life
Andrea Pitcher

Tyler said...

hey cor! that's pretty good! how did your paper go?

gaby said...

corrieeee! :) ahoj! jaj, chybas mi...a zda sa, ze mas vela zabavy v zbore, tak sa tesim :) papa a pozdrav doma - a to video urcite uploadni, to by som si vas vsetkych velmi rada teda pozrela ;) :*

Anonymous said...

Hi Corrie...Sorry I haven't been to your blog in a really long time. Recently people have been asking me if I've talked to you, and I was sad that my report was, "no...". We must catch up! I was really missing you at our wedding reception. I really wanted you there. I was getting so excited to see you. I'm sorry that you couldn't make it. How did your paper turn out? I would love to read some of your stuff. I remember those days when i read a few of your compositions...do you feel like you're becoming a better writer? How can we chat online? What do you use? MSN? Skype? iChat? Tell me how to find you?

Still think about you often!

bekah