"And now, Harry, let us step into the night and pursue that flighty tempress, adventure." -Dumbledore

Monday, November 26, 2007

it's not really beginning to look a lot like christmas...

Well I have finally come around to write another post. Ilife has pretty much just been normal. Well other than the fact that Thanksgiving just came and went. Thanksgiving is my second favotire holiday so I guess I cannot say nothing has been happening. After I wrote two Tuesdays ago nothing too exciting happened that week. Friday I went to my first basketball game of the season, which turned out to be only mildly exciting. The rest of the weekend was about the same.

Then, on Monday, the Monday of Thanksgiving week, I had school. However, this time I was not alone on campus. Alex, because she had the entire week off, took a college day, or rather just decided to shadow me all day at school. It was much fun. She met me at my house bright and early at six thirty for my cursed seven o'clock class and we got to class right on time. Then basically she just followed me around to my classes all day with a quick trip to the mall just down the road for lunch! After school she had to go home to help her mom out with something, so I went home and cleaned up my room a bit (I never seem to completely clean up my room...it's always just a bit...earning me coments from my dad like "sometime i would love to actually be able to SEE your room rather than have to look for it under this mess"). Then I took a quick nap and got ready for Heather's birthday party. heather, hudson's girlfriend and a friend of mine was turning sixteen so her parents threw her a big party at the church - complete with a DJ and cool colored lights. The party was much fun and all the girls came over to our house afterwards for a few episodes of Gilmore Girls (NOT my choice!) and to spend the night.

The rest of the week all my classes had been cancelled so I kind of just hung out at home, went to work, and just did whatever. Tuesday I was home in the morning doing just hanging out with Kailey who was the only girl left at my house once I finally woke up. I then went to work in the afternoon. Wednesday I was at home most of the day, helping my mom get ready for eighteen people to come for Thanksgiving and actually doing a somewhat good cleaning of my room, which I proudly displayed to my dad afterwards which earned me a small smile and nod from him. Then that evening I went to the Erwins to hang out with people. As always we basically ended up doing nothing, so Kailey, Alex, and I got Ratatouille and watched it while everyone else sat upstairs and talked very loudly.

Thursday was thanksgiving but no one could make it to our house until late that afternoon, so we had decided not to celebrate until Friday. This was good, because I had to work Thursday afternoon. Work was okay, but somewhat boring. I got cut two hours early and went home to find a house full of little cousins and aunts and uncles and my pappaw and mammaw. We had some yummy taco soup made by my mother, then just sat around talking and doing nothing so I went in my room and painted a picture to give my dad the next day for his birthday! Susannah and Hannah joined me in my room for the weekend since their room was needed for someone else. So after we'd convinced my dad to have evryone go to bed, we chatted abit in bed, then went to sleep. Three of us tried sleeping in my bed because none of us wanted to sleep on the floor, but Suzka and Hannah both tend to take over the bed, so halfway through the night, after halling out of bed twice, I got on the floor and slept a somewhat restless sleep until my mom woke me up Friday morning to start baking. I baked three pumpkin, two apple, and a banana cream pies, all of which turned out satisfactory. Then I made some somewhat rushed dinner rolls just in time for the enormous feast we all then ate. I had really been looking forward to my Thanksgiving nap, but I soon heard my dad had planned to climb Pinnacle (the tallest mountain around which is a grand hike a mile and a half long...wow, i know!). so, with what felt like half a turkey in my stomach I climbed the mountain in order to avoid my dad whining at me for sleeping while everyone else was outside climbing. when we got back down, I took pictures as almost everyone else played football. The game was short, though bescause everyone got very cold very fast. So we returned to the house for a supper of pie and birthday cake (my dad and aunt both had a birthday on the 23rd.) as we watched first some football, then Ratatouille all together. Friday I went to bed a bit earlier than the night before.
I woke up Saturday morning to my aunt telling me we'd been rolled. Hannah and my cousin had seen that it was Taylor, Seth, and supposedly someone else (it ended up being only the two of them though). I just hung around the house all morning and into the afternoon, then went to Burns park at four, where everyone was playing soccer. However, i didn't really want to play, so I brought my bow, picked up kailey on my way over there, and went to the "archery range" at the park. We short for a while in the rain, got very cold and wet, then gave up and went to Starbucks for some Chai and coffee. We were both spending the night at Alex's house that night but we weren't expected until seven so we took our time at Starbucks, then picked up a movie (in the land of women), then picked up some food and went to Alex's. Once at Alex's we took a little time changing out of out wet clothes, getting situated, then hungrily ate our food as we watched the movie. We talked a while after the movie then got bored so we met up with Seth and Carson and went and rolled Kari. It was fun, but didn't turn out like we'd intended it to. We then returned to Alex's house and got in bed and were going to watch Moulin rouge but ended up talking instead.
Sunday morning Kailey was supposed to wake me up when she got up so we'd make it to small group. However, though she claims she woke me up twice...I remember none of it, so I overslept and Kailey had to go ahead with out me. It turned out that we didn't have small group anyways, so all was well. Alex and I arrived at church a bit late in true Tedford fashion but made it to the end of worship anyways. After church I went home with a stop at Chilis for some chips and salsa, had lunch, then took a four-hour nap to make up for my skipped Thanksgiving nap. Then Caleb called and said people were going to his house to hang out for a bit (we didn't have work because of the holiday). so I got up, made a yummy sandwich, changed out of my pj's, and went over to the Erwins'. we really didn't do much. We just sat arund talking and laughing. We started a game of pictionary, but only got to about three rounds when the game just kinda disolved into more talking and laughing. We almost watched Aladin, but again, somehow play never got pushed. So finally everyone kinda dispursed to go home and do homework, so I did the same. I didn't have as much as I thought I had, which was good because I thought I had a ton. Then I answered some emails and messages, and went to bed.
This morning I just barely got up in time for my seven o'clock class and got to school only to find that class was canceled due to a lost key or something like that. So I just sat around, wrote a letter, and started this post. i had to go to class half way through, though, then I came back here after class and am now finishing up. I have about a week and a half of school left then come the Christmas holidays, wich I'm really looking forward to! Hopefully then I'll have some more time to write on here! It's been getting steadily colder and colder outside so I will probably be spending most of the holidays inside. Meanwhile, i expect many a comment from all of you and hopefully maybe even an email or two if I get lucky!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hey! another great post! it's always good to hear what's going on in your life. we sure missed you at conference. our family will be in the states for christmas (we leave the 12th) so we'll have to chat on the phone!!

Anonymous said...

I missed you at the JV Thanksgiving conference. Your salad, your mom's sweet potatoes & pumpkin pies, all the Jones talent in the show...it made me sad for a day, but I was thinking of you enjoying Thanksgiving with your family in the states. This post makes me happy for you! I'm thrilled you were surrounded with family & friends (want to hear more about Hudson's girlfriend!) and great food. You are still one of my favorite people and I'm smiling just imagining all that happened during your holiday.
Andrea Pitcher

Anonymous said...

Belinda Shanks.... I always love reading your posts! =)

Anonymous said...

cau korinka!
ty si skutocny spisovatel:-). len som ti chcela zapriat krasny Vianocny cas! miska