Well, life is wonderful, but these days is also pretty normal and somewhat boring. Other than the weekends that is. Weekend s are usually great and looking forward to them keep me going throughout the week. This past weekend was one of the better ones too. Friday I got of work (after school) at five as usual. Then, for my lack of a car, my dad picked me up and I went home for dinner, after which Hudson and I drove down to the Purple Cow (a burger place here in LR). We met Daniel and a few other people there. We hung out a bit then went to Barnes and Noble (accross the street) and Toys 'r' Us after that! After a few minutes of riding scooters and sword fighting, Huds and I left for the Miller house. Seth, Clark, Kailey, and the two of us watched That Thing You Do...very good movie...even better soundtrack. It was a good day...slightly mellow, but those days are good every now and then.
Saturday I overslept a bit so I was driving to work late and, to my relief, my manager called and said he'd decided to close for Veteran's Day. So I turned around and went home and had breakfast with my family. I LOVE family breakfast! After breakfast we cleaned the house and I made a dumym out of a bunch of my clothes and scared everyone half to death (it looked exactly like me...).
On my way to my teacher's house I stopped at the Shell station for a wrap (I have them make me this special one I invented - chicken, ranch, lettus, tomatoes, bacon, black olives, and jalepenoes...very good! The station's right accross from where i work so I go there a lot). The teacher, to whose house I was going, is my writing/journalism teacher at the Academy. She's pretty crazy/funny! Our class did research papers last week and now she's meeting with each of us individually to talk about them and edit them. Mine was on J.R.R.Tolkien! I really enjoyed it. So we fixed up my twelve-page paper and talked about Slovakia and the Cold War and how freaking brilliant Tolkien was and I went to Wal Mart to get some stuff for a surprise for my siblings that evening. My parents were going out with another couple, so I stayed home to cook and hang out with the small people of our family. It ended up being only me, Emily, Elliot, and Krissy because Hudson and Hannah were babysitting for the other couple, and Susannah was at a friend's house. We made for pretty good stir-fry then cleaned up, took baths, put on pj's, and drove down the road to pick up Suzka. When we got back, we made a fire in the back yard and made s'mores (the surprise). It was lots of fun...
Sunday morning my mom woke me up at 6:00 a.m. to tell me she had volunteered me to help with Sunday school...great! Besdides the fact that I was exhausted the rest of the day it wasn't all that bad! After church, Kailey's family and ours went to Chili's for lunch, which was good. Hannah hodges had mentioned her and me going to a movie (Stragner than Fiction) but I had to be back at the church by five, so we had to cancel. So i took Huds and Suz back to the church, where we hung out for some time, then drove down to mcDonald's for ice cream, returning just in time to start work.
Work was pretty good this time. We didn't have very many babies (they're all growing up...) so we took care of the few we had and sat around eating goldfish and watching the Lion King. Kailey, Seth, Clark, and the three of us then went to McDonalds for a bit, ate a couple onion rings and played on the play ground. Much fun.
So the weekend was fun other than the fact that I get kinda depressed Sunday evening because I know that the following week will be boring and terrible. I'll live though. So here I am, sitting at work, looking forward to next weekend, doing my best to be happy that it's Monday and look at the bright side of things. Hey, Thanksgiving is coming...that's a good thing...
Well, I'll write again when there's something to write about! Love y'all!
"And now, Harry, let us step into the night and pursue that flighty tempress, adventure." -Dumbledore
Monday, November 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Cor, I can't believe you're working AND driving....wow! It sounds like you're enjoying your time stateside and I'm glad of that. I hope to see you in Atlanta in January!
Love and miss you!
Post a Comment