"And now, Harry, let us step into the night and pursue that flighty tempress, adventure." -Dumbledore

Saturday, November 18, 2006

a bear of very little brain

When my siblings and Iwere younger my dad would read to us nearly every night. He would pick the best books and the best stories, sometimes making up his own. I loved and still do love stories and, some how, sitting around snuggling with my family, listening to my dad read or tell stories just seems "right." My favorite book my dad ever read us was The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. I think I can say that A. A. Milne has describes the best friendships and the true meaning of love better than anyone else I can think of. And what's so amazing is he's writing to little kids. It takes a kid's book for a grown (or almost grown) person to truly understand it. I also find it interesting that somehow I see myself in Pooh. I never thought of it or thought I'd think of it until just recently. Milne created such in-depth and thorough characters in such a sneaky way that you wouldn't even tonice until you sit and think about it. One of my favorite quotes is about Christofer Robin, but when I went back and read it I felt like Milne was talking about me!

And by and by Christopher Robin came to an end of things, and he was silent, and he sat there, looking out over the world, just wishing it wouldn't stop.
Winnie the Pooh

Isn't that awesome? okay, so you are probably sitting there reading this thinking...Corrie Jones is freakin writing about Winnie the Pooh...she's crazy. Yeah I probably am, but that's okay... I mean hey listen to this:

Those who are clever, who have a Brain, never understand anything.
Winnie the Pooh

2 comments:

Amy Lawlor said...

is it funny if i just say that you are super into pooh right now :)

seriously...there are great insights in those books. i am a big fan myself. kind of a cs lewis starter kit.

miss you. see you soon.
love Amy

Tyler said...

hey cor! conference is starting tomorrow...just wanted to say that we'll all be missing you and thinking about you! let us know how your thanksgiving goes! i sure am thankful that i know you!!! talk to you later!
P.S. where did your family disappear to??? I haven't heard from anyone in like a week....hmm.........