"And now, Harry, let us step into the night and pursue that flighty tempress, adventure." -Dumbledore

Friday, February 15, 2008

seventeen, eighteen, nineteen....fifty...

Well, I am slowly coming to terms with my age (I know, I don't even want to think about the state I will be in when I turn fourty or fifty...). I am not quite there yet, but ninteen is settling a bit. I keep thinking, though, "Why be nineteen when you have exactly the same priveledges and responsibilities as when you were eighteen? Why not just stay eighteen." I had been quite determined to stay seventeen for the remainder of my life, but when I ended up turning eighteen enyways, I had to come to terms with it, after much destress and stubborn resentment of the natural ways of this world. Then I thought, well eighteen's not so bad...
I am now considered an official adult, there are bound to be some pluses to being ayear older than seventeen, so after a bit I decided there was no sense in fighting it. But now, after a year of being somewhat satisfied, I must add another year to my age (though I objected highly) and gain no priviledges at all, making the process so much harder than the year before. Oh well...Imagine being Bilbo and having to deal with an eleventieth birthday...sheesh...
I guess it is time for me officialluy announce the news that this summer I will be in Europe! I am helping my dad lead a teem for an English camp in Poprad, Slovakia. After the camp and a couple days of follow-up, Hudson and I will be staying for an additional three weeks, along with Alex, Seth, and Kari. Uderstandably, I am elated! We will be spending time both in Slovakia and Czech, traveling a lot, most likely. I just wanted everyone to be aware of this so that no one can say i didn't tell them. Well, I need to get to class.
Oh yes, and please pray for me I have been exhausted lately and not feeling completely well and am a bit frightened I might have mono or something similar. I cannot afford to be sick like that, so please keep me in mind...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news to hear. Please let me know dates when you'll be here so I can be sure to have some time to sit and talk with you. Will be fun to see you in our part of the world again!

Happy Birthday
Andrea Pitcher