Christmas...ahhh. Well, before I skip to Christmas, I must give a brief mention of all my crammed-in Christmas shopping in between work and school and all other aspects of life. I will say that I am a bit proud of myself this year - I felt really good about the gifts I got people. Because naming them all would be long and tedious and I'm sure you have better things to do than to read my Christmas list, I will only mention a few of my highlight gifts. My favorite gift to give was the one I gave Alex. Really, I'm not sure you could call it a gift, but what I did was I took her to Conway, where there happens to be many an antique shop, and we shopped around all day for something she would like. I ended up getting her a pretty cool old chair, a book, and an old sign that says "sunflowers"! My next favorite gifts was my gift to Susannah, which was a hot pink thong about ten sizes too big for her, accompanied by a nice see-thu one that would fit her. And lastly, I got Hudson a little pocket watch. So there are my highlight gifts for the year.
Christmas was wonderful. Unlike last year, we were home for the holidays and we all thoroughly enjoyed them. On Christmas Eve we had our traditional Mexican fiesta and opened gifts. Mamaw and Pappaw came down for Christmas day and we ate Christmas dinner together and spent the next couple days with them. Susannah's birthday was, of course, the next day and we had a nice little family celeration. Alex and I took her( a couple days later) to get her nails done and got her a yummy icecream cake. Hudson's birthday was next, and in true Hudson style, he held a huge party for friends here at our house. Shortly after that, the holidays ended for everyone but me. All te highschols went back to school, but I had a week left.
"And now, Harry, let us step into the night and pursue that flighty tempress, adventure." -Dumbledore
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment