"And now, Harry, let us step into the night and pursue that flighty tempress, adventure." -Dumbledore

Friday, June 01, 2007

home again?

Well, I'm back in Little Rock. I've actually been here for over two weeks. Wht am I thinking? How am I feeling? Who knows...even if I know, in my head, I cannot put it down in words. I cannot figure out what I think or feel. I don't know if I should cry or laugh...so I just do both! But I do know that this is right, it is good, hard, but good!
Well I got back May 15th. My first two planes went just fine. I got on, got off, got on and got off again. Then I hurried through customs, rechecked my bags, and found my next gate. I thought I was going to just make it, but I made it just fine, infact! My plane ended up being delayed a few hours. I waited for about two hours in the terminal, then got on the plane, we taxied out to the runway, waited there for an hour then had to taxi back to our gate to refuel (we'd used all our fuel up waiting on the runway...I kow...it was rediculous), then went back out to the runway, waited a few more minutes, then finally flew out to Little Rock. Alex Tedford and her parents picked me up. We then ate, went to her house, and I went to bed (I didn't sleep the night before I left...I rarely do sleep the night before I fly for some reason).
The next two weeks I just hung out, worked, cried a lot, laughed a lot, and tried to get used to life in LR again.
The rest of my family got back on Wednesday. We are now back to normal life here, getting ready to move to our new house (I went and saw it again yesterday. I love it and am excited about living there. We now have the keys and will start painting soon and my parents have already done some furniture buying!). Life is bitter-sweet these days for us all. We are getting through it though!
I will keep you posed as best I can! Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Dear Corrie, My heart, thoughts and prayers have been with you and with your family these past few weeks - I know it hasn't been an easy transition from the life you knew in Slovakia to a new life in LR. Even though you were there this past year, it's different now that you are there to stay. We all miss all of you so much! But the Lord has a beautiful and good plan for your family - and for sure we will see you all somewhere along the way! Thanks for your good blog posts that let us know how you're doing. Love, Connie

Amy Lawlor said...

love reading your thought jorrie cones. i have been thinking about you and praying for peace as you move not back into an old season but into a fully new season. i know the transition and the goodbye is hard but i know God has plan and purpose and good things for you in it. loving you from the ATL and praying for you.

your friend, Amy

lenka.horňa said...

čau corrie, trochu po slovensky aby si nevyšla z cviku, ta jak máš akože pekné napísane, ale pre mňa nepochopené :-)(anglicky stále neviem) ta mam ťa rada a pozdravuj

Tyler said...

hey cor! it's great to hear about how you're doing again! Have fun getting your new house ready and everything!
love you!
Tyler

Bekah said...

glenaireCorrie, this email was such an honest picture of the worlds you're coming in and out of. It was endearing to see your world through what you wrote. I can't imagine all that you are processing....But I know that you will fully engage where you are and make the most of it. Continue to take your quiet walks, and long sips of tea. Hold onto friends that have come into your world, and recognize the God of the entire universe sees you where you are, in these times of change, in your new room, on an airport runway....He's got his eye on you and loves you deeply. I will be very quick to say, I love you too! Through my miles my friend...I'm wrappin my arms around you!!!

Love, Bekah