"And now, Harry, let us step into the night and pursue that flighty tempress, adventure." -Dumbledore

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

the Count of Monte Cristo called me Fuzz-ball!

It's been some time since I gave y'all a regular update. So, here's what's been going on!
Last week was fairly normal. Nothing extra special happened. Sunday, however, our church began two weeks of what most people would call a Revival (I don't really like that word because it sometimes doesn't give the right messege.). This group called Life Action Ministries (this is the revival group my parents were with when they got married and up until I was four) is here and every day for two weeks we have service in the evening and some special stuff on weekends. It started on Sunday, as I mentioned. After the morning service, my parents went out to eat with the pastor and his wife and one of the couples from Life Action. The kids and I went over to the Elliffs' house for lunch and to hang out. Kailey, Seth, Kari, and Clark came as well (so there were a lot of us there...). When Mom and Dad came to pick us up, we went home for about two hours, during which I took a much needed nap (Ada! In memory of you and your every-day naps!). At six we went back to the church for the evening service. It was realyl good. Kailey, Hach, Seth, Kari, and I went to McDonalds for ice cream and then met up with Clark at his house to watch a movie. The movie we chose was The Count of Monte Cristo...very good movie...
The others didn't have school the next day (Monday), but Hach and I did, so when we realised it was twelve thirty or so when the movie ended, we hurried home.
Monday and Tuesday have been pretty much the same. We went to church in the evenings and it's been really good! Yesterday Steve, the guy preeching, talked about brokenness, which I really needed to hear about! We'll be going back tonight!
Today I had three hours of school then hurried over to the church to watch babies during a women's seminar that Steve's wife did over lunch. I took care of my two favorite babies and procured for myself a new favorite baby... I had to leave in a hurry at twelve thirty or so in order to get to work, where I am now. We were supposed to have a staff meeting but it was canceled for some reason, so I'm just sitting here pretty bored having already finished all my work.
That's about all that's been going on since my last update! I did think it would be funny if I put some of Kristina's "words" she uses. I guess that could go with "Things my siblings say" but I'll just put it here.

Kristina's word for:
  • particularly is particaly
  • serious is scarious
  • Bob the Tomato is Bob-to-the-mato (from Veggietales)
  • ear infection is ear confection
  • perfume is mafoon
  • attention is patention
  • Corrie is fuzz-ball (don't ask me why...I think I may have called her that a couple times now she calls me it all the time...sometimes she ever says hair-ball...yikes!)

2 comments:

Tyler said...

awesome, slečno Kórí!! =)) can't wait for the next update! Especially excited for more funnyness in your family! =P

Hudson said...

Cor, thanks for the update. I was wondering what was going on in your life....=)
Hach