"And now, Harry, let us step into the night and pursue that flighty tempress, adventure." -Dumbledore

Saturday, September 09, 2006

The Smell of Fish

If I remember correctly, it has been three days since my last post. To tell you the truth only a couple of signifficant things have happened since then.
The first happened on Thursday, September the 9th. A few weeks ago my mom found out about this homeschooling academy thing. What it is is a once-a-week school. You go in every Thursday and have a regular day of school! It's pretty cool. So Huds, Suz, and I signed up for it. One great thing about this school year is that all my subjects but one are ellectives. I was able to get everything done necessary to complete high school in the past two (and part of nineth grade) years. All but English. So everything I'll be studying this year is stuff I enjoy (except for english, of course). Well, back to the academy. What I was going to say is, I could pick whatever subjects I want to take. I picked two writing classes (I'll take one this semester and one next semester), they are journalism and research writing, and twelveth grade creative writing. Next I picked Latin (which I'm also taking in my everyday studies here at home), art, government (I'm also taking this at home, dad teaches me this), and practical finance (this is a good class, but I mainly took it because my dad said I needed to.) So Thursday we went for the first time. It went pretty well! All my teachers are really good! For those of you who, like me, love accents and stuff, my Latin teacher is Irish! Love it!
The second highlight is from yesterday. My grandparents came up for two days. Pappaw brought his boat for us to use while we are here. So... he took me and Hudsy fishing. Incase you didn't know, I love fishing! Fishing is awesome! It is wonderful, fabulous, sensational, superb. In short, i love it! So we went! Amazingly, I caught the most fish. Usually I catch one or two...or none. Usually there's always someone else with more fish than me. NOT THIS TIME! This time, I was the winner! I caught five keepers. It wasn't a very good time for crappie fishing (not crapy, crappie - the kind of fish), which is what we were doing, so we kept katching these tiny little fish. We called them wormies because they were so litle we would mistake them occasionally for the worms. So, we fished. Hence, the title of the post, cause that's what I smelled like after fishing.
Well, we are about to take off into a new week. My cousins (Will, 8, and Chase, 6) are coming to stay with us for the week, because their parents are going on a missions trip. So this will be a very interestign week! I'll keep you posted!
Here are a few pictures from fishing:



P.S. The life jacket really was very tight!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Hey Corrie!
Great pictures! It makes me miss you even more! I am still praying for you all the time! And I love you so much!
Talk to you later!
Hannah