"And now, Harry, let us step into the night and pursue that flighty tempress, adventure." -Dumbledore

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

my day and things my siblings said

Well, today I was back in school after a long laborday weekend of late nights and lots of internet and blogging and emails. Surprisingly I was happy to be back in school. I'm taking three history classes, british literature and two writing classes and I'm loving it! However, my dad tends to give a lot of homework, but at least it's homework I enjoy! (He teaches me history and literature.)
So after school today, I went to the gym to run for a while and work out. I love the feeling after a couple hours there and a good shower! Then we came home and dad and I made supper (Mom had small group). Then I got to talk to a good friend (Sarah Oliver for those of you who know her.). I'm supposed to be doing my homework, but everyone's up and I'm still not used to studying and working in a room with a bunch of people, so I'll be staying up late again to do my homework and all that.
Well, I was trying to think of something to tell you and i sudenly thought of something Kristina said today. She can be hillarious sometimes! Actually quite often!
Well, today we were driving back from the gym (she had gymnastics, so she was with us) and she was getting really loud in there and jumping around. So I told her to sit down on my lap and be still. She did for a while and then began wining because she was once again bored. We were about ten minutes from home and we were driving through the woods, so there were trees all around us. So, I told my dear little sister to count trees to keep her busy. She thought that was a great idea, so she started counting. When we got home I asked her how many trees she had counted. She turned an looked at me and in her proud little tone she said, "I counted eighty-twelve trees!!!"
Well, I thoght that was pretty funny!
Emily can also say some really funny things sometimes. I love her humor. It's just this dry, matter-of-fact humor, where she'll just say something histerical and wait for someone to notice.
Well the other day the younger kids had been talking about the kind of cars they liked. Everyone said what they liked, then Elliot strted talking about the kind of cars his friends like. So after a while, Kristina sked him what kinda of car Noah (Ellenwood, for those of you who know im...) liked. Elliot didn't hear her right away, so she repeated the question about five times before Emily turned around and slightly irritated said, "Noah doesn't have or like a car, he has a Ark!!!"
This weekend most of my family was at my grandparents house as you know. Well, Kristina kept asking when we were going back to Italy. After a while we figured out she meant Little Rock, not Italy!
Now I thought that was pretty funny as well. I've thought about writing a book some day named "What my siblings said" or somethng like that! It's really funny some times. These were some of the not as funny ones, though. If there are any more funny ones, I'll be sure and write them on here!

2 comments:

beccafredo said...

I'm totally laughing out loud! Emi and Krissy are so funny! And I could just hear each of them saying those things....Krissy's smug, cute answer, Emi's half annoyed understated humor! I love it when people are so themselves!
ok, something else funny, I first thot your post was my DAD and things my siblings said. At the end I was like hmmm, wonder why there wasn't much about her dad in this post. I kept waiting for the funny thing he was gonna say. haha! Details aren't usually my strong point....! =)
gald you're bloggin! Getting my daily Coreo's and milk keeps my healthy!

Jennie said...

Hey Corrie!
How are you doing? I finally found your blog...it's good to catch up on your life, since I hardly ever talk to you these days! It's been fun reading all of the Journey's blogs.
I love your stories of "what [your] siblings said"! I would most likely buy a book if you wrote it! So, go for it! Haha! I love Krissy's "eighty-twelve"! That's too cute...and Emily's comment about Noah's Ark! Haha!
Hope you're enjoying your week!
Love, Jennie