"And now, Harry, let us step into the night and pursue that flighty tempress, adventure." -Dumbledore

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Penguins knitting scarves

My beloved readers and friends,
Well, I'm not sure if I told y'all, but this weekend our youth group has this thing going on called DV8. I've never been to it before, but from what I've heard thus far, it sounds really cool! It's mostly small group based. So, most of the time you're just hanging out with your small group, doing Bible study stuff and other cool stuff. I think there will be two big meetings also, where we all get together and do stuff! I'm excited. Tuesday I had my first small group, which was really cool, so I'm pretty much set in that area. I say all this to say, I won't be online all weekend (I possibly might be on Sunday night). I will definitely get you up to date Sunday night or Monday! Possibly with pictures as well! Oh, and maybe even the video I told you about that we made Sunday.
Let's see what's happened since my last post...
Yesterday we had youth group! Guy, I totally dig youth group! It's really great, plus it really brings back memories of Kecy Klub (except for the fact that I'm not getting up every every Saturday morning to make fifty pizzas, which, by the way, I loved doing!) Troy, our youth pastor (as I think I've mentioned) is really great and I'm meeting a bunch of really awesome people! So, I had a great time at youth group yesterday!
Short intermission here before I go on to talk about today! Any of you, who is not listening to Beach Boys at the moment, you should turn it on. That's what I'm listening right now as I write!(preferably "Wouldn't it be nice" or "God only knows") It makes it specialler as Krissy would say!
Okay, today... Today was Academy day. I got up, took a shower, made sure I had all my stuff and homework, made a quick cup of coffee (coffee would make reading this blog specialler as well! By the way, Beks, I still drink it black sometimes in honor of the last Lost night we had!!!), and drove to the church where Academy is held. It was a lot better this time! I don't think I told y'all about this in my post about Academy, but it's pretty funny, so I'll tell you. Well, we got there right at nine fifteen (when assembly starts) and followed the crowd into the main room, where assembly shortly started. So we sat down and listened. It was me, Huds, Suz, and Daniel Elliff (a friend of ours). Something just didn't seem right about it to me. All the kids looked really little to me and the lady kept talking about first through eighth grade. Every now and then she'd mention high school, but it just didn't feel right. Well, finally, someone we knew found us and told us we were supposed to be in the Fellowship Hall. The room we were in was elementary school. So we got there late, just as they were ending. Well, one thing that's good about it though is that now everyone knows our names and that we're "the ones who came late."
This week it was a lot better though. We knew our way around, and some how figured out what they had said at that first assembly that we weren't at. Huds, Suz, and I actually even won candy bars in today's assembly for going on vacation the farthest away from Arkansas (I kinda felt like we were cheating though, oh well). So today was better.
I was going to go in and take my driving test today, but when I got there I was told that I had to take the written test again, because my permit had expired. We called in yesterday and they told us it wouldn't be necessary, but today they said differently. So, sometime next week I'll go in and take the test and then, the same day, I'll take the driving test. Man, it seems like this is taking forever.
Well, that's about all going on here. Except for my crazy siblings and my two crazy cousins. It seems like they never run out of energy. NEVER! And they also seem to have more energy in one hour than I have in two weeks. Oh well... I just go on extra walks these days.
Okay, well, I should go! I don't want you to get to bored with me. However, keep listening to Beach Boys (Catch a wave is playing now!)and finish that coffee! Love y'all!

3 comments:

Hannah said...

What do penguins and knitting scarfs have to do with this whole thing, Cor? Have fun this weekend!
Hannah

Corrie said...

Han! penguins and knitting scarves has nothing to do with what I wrote. I just thought I should write that because people often forget about penguins because they aren't a part of our every-day lives. So I brought them up.

Hudson said...

Dear Cornelius,
I love your title...penguins are some of my favorite animals. I also like small white mice, squirrels, black panthers, and of course, the platypus. He rocks...
I like the way you write.
Me