"And now, Harry, let us step into the night and pursue that flighty tempress, adventure." -Dumbledore

Friday, September 01, 2006

Getting up to date

Well, as you all know we are in the United States. To be exact, I'm sitting in a chair in the back, right corner of our living room in our house in the middle of a forest which is part of a town called Roland which is inthe State of Arkansas. I'm sitting here on my lunch break eating a sandwich. We've been here for exactly two weeks, three days, fifteen hours, and twenty-four minutes. I started school on Wednesday. It's really weird. I've been homeschooled for two years now, but this is the first year everyone else is homeschooled.
For those of you who don't know yet, I got a job wednesday as well. I'll be working as, what my dad calls, an office manager. I guess that's the right word for it. It'll be at a storage company and my job will be to run the office. My boss is a good friend of my dad's (that's how I got the job). So this should make this year even more interesting than it was already destined to be.
I'm trying to think what else I should tel you about being here so far.
I joined the youthgroup at the Summit Church here as well as a small group (with other seniors). Youth group is on Wednesday (There was a lot going on this Wednesday.) so I went for the first time two days ago!
So I think we are finally settled in. There are a lot of things we have to get used to (I feel like I have more than anyone for some reason, but that might just be me.). Such as the insane heat, having ice in drinks (that's a good thing), going to the store to get some coke and suddenly having to pick from about sixty different flavors (oposed to having regular coke and coke light in slovakia), all sorts of weird bugs and animals, POISON IVY (I happened to be the one who had to discover that one...not on purpose), AC, Dawson not being here, a church of 2000 instead of 40, missing my friends and stuff in SK, and a ton of other stuff. I could go on for a long time.
I believe this is where God wants me, as well as our entire family at the time though, so I can't complain too much. at least I know i'm in good hands.
Well, I thought I'd put a few pictures on here, so I hope you enjoy!


Here's the latest picture of me! You don't have to say anything! I know!!!

No comments: